Monday, July 18, 2022

When It Is My Time To Die

When it is time to say goodbye, I will not be shy, nor ask why because I will know it is my time to die. 

I will pass with a smile, and all the while ask that you not cry, but wish me well as we say goodbye.

If you love me, don't wait for this day, but tell me before now and every day that will allow. 

For love is our greatest need and that we love each other I assure you is mutually agreed.

Show your love for me in your words and deeds, and in helping others with their needs, for when you do, you honor me, and you honor you.

For me, a bucket list was never to be, for the only thing I wanted was to love thee, and to love those that my heart could see.

This day comes for us all, and when I leave I will recall how special you are, and in my heart know you will always be a star.

With Love To All - Dick



No comments:

Post a Comment

When I Was Young

When I was young, words were words and I had to be right, and would argue with all my might, to show the world that I was bright.