Saturday, June 10, 2023

Finding Peace

When I look at the world with despair, I know with love far more happiness would be there, and it could spread everywhere.

A kind word to others, a helpful smile, and no longer will the world be so hostile.

And I see a dog, and he greets me ever so warmly, with kisses galore and of my love and attention he only wants more. 

He wastes not a moment frustrated by stupidity and sorrow nor for a moment does he worry about tomorrow.

He squanders no time on blame or grief, but instead is happy, somehow knowing life is so brief.

He doesn't care about the news, however bad, nor does he waste a moment being sad, he only wants to make us all glad.

Together we walk, and he listens to me talk, as we explore the grass so green, and the sky so blue, and above us the chirp of the birds coming through.

Oh sweet life, my stress now gone for in my heart it does dawn, it is insane to suffer so much pain, when at my finger tips, there is love and joy I can easily attain.

With Love To All - Dick

No comments:

Post a Comment

When I Was Young

When I was young, words were words and I had to be right, and would argue with all my might, to show the world that I was bright.