Tuesday, May 24, 2022

To A Close Friend In Mourning

Dear Reader: This poem was written to a very close friend who is grieving the loss of her mother. 

I saw the sadness in your face and eyes, and from my heart my feelings for you did arise.

In each life there is some rain but from the love of others it will always wane.

In its place a beautiful rainbow will appear, and you will know the warmth of the sun is near.

So dry your tears and open your heart, and the pain you feel now will soon depart, replaced by the joy that in your life has always been a vital part.

And in that joy you will discover that once again you have been blessed by your mother.

With Affection - Dick



No comments:

Post a Comment

When I Was Young

When I was young, words were words and I had to be right, and would argue with all my might, to show the world that I was bright.