Monday, January 10, 2022

Ode To A Man Of 76

As I looked in the mirror an old man looked back at me. I asked, "What are your plans," and he said, "Just wait and see, for I have every idea that could ever be."

"Am I too old, that could never be for what beats within me is a heart that is bold, and ideas that cry out to be told."

"Am I too old, that could never be for imagination and inspiration grip me."

"And when I pass, with a thankful heart, I will smile and say, this was a joy, now where else can I play."

With Love To All - Dick

Note: This little poem was influenced by the writings of Shel Silverstein (1930 - 1999)




No comments:

Post a Comment

When I Was Young

When I was young, words were words and I had to be right, and would argue with all my might, to show the world that I was bright.